Baked Beetroot With Kale and Lentils
Preheat the oven, prepare the big pan because we are going to bake and cook nutritious vegetables. This is vegetarian, but if you’re into meat, you can use this as a side. On the other hand, you can skip the goat cheese and you end up with a vegan dish.
Ingredients Needed for Baked Beetroot With Kale and Lentils
1 large beetroot, thickly sliced
3-4 teaspoons olive oil
1 red onion, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 ounces baby spinach
4 ounces kale
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
6-7 ounces cooked lentils
basil leaves, chopped
2-3 ounces goat cheese
How to Make Baked Beetroot With Kale and Lentils
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil, place the beetroot slices on it and bake for 40 minutes at 360ºF/180ºC.
- Heat 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil in a pan over low heat and add the onion and garlic.
- Cook and stir until tender, while seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach and kale, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and cook and stir until wilted.
- Stir in the cooked lentils and season with basil.
- Place the baked beetroot slices on top of the cooked veggies, cover with the lid and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Place a couple of thyme sprigs into the pan, add the goat cheese on top, and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 2 more minutes.