Ingredients Needed for Baked Beetroot With Kale and Lentils
1 large beetroot, thickly sliced
3-4 teaspoons olive oil
1 red onion, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 ounces baby spinach
4 ounces kale
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
6-7 ounces cooked lentils
basil leaves, chopped
2-3 ounces goat cheese
How to Make Baked Beetroot With Kale and Lentils
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil, place the beetroot slices on it and bake for 40 minutes at 360ºF/180ºC.
- Heat 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil in a pan over low heat and add the onion and garlic.
- Cook and stir until tender, while seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach and kale, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and cook and stir until wilted.
- Stir in the cooked lentils and season with basil.
- Place the baked beetroot slices on top of the cooked veggies, cover with the lid and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Place a couple of thyme sprigs into the pan, add the goat cheese on top, and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 2 more minutes.