Ingredients Needed for Bacon-Wrapped Pretzels
⅓ cup water, warm
3.5 ounces of butter, melted
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon sugar
7 ounces of flour
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon milk
2 tablespoons of pesto sauce
2 tablespoons of red hot chili sauce
2 tablespoons of rhode island sauce
3.5 ounces of low moisture mozzarella, shredded
How to Cook Bacon-Wrapped Pretzels
- Preheat the oven to 460 degrees F/240 degrees C.
- Mix the warm water and melted butter in your stand mixer bowl.
- Add the salt, sugar and mix.
- Sift the flour and add it to the bowl.
- Add the yolk, active dry yeast, and olive oil.
- Incorporate them with a spatula, then set the stand mixer on low speed, and make a dough.
- Flour your countertop and place the dough on it. Knead it, then cut the dough into small pieces. Shape the dough pieces into 6 German pretzels.
- Fill a large pot with water, add salt, and bring it to a boil.
- When the water starts boiling, lower 2 to 3 pretzels into the water bath — as many as will fit without crowding. Simmer for 30 seconds, then use a slotted spoon to flip the pretzels over.
- Lay a baking tray with parchment paper. Transfer the pretzels on it.
- Whisk the egg with milk and make some egg wash. Use the egg wash to coat the pretzels.
- Sprinkle poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and mixed seeds on the pretzels.
- Transfer the tray in the oven and bake the pretzels for 30 minutes.
- When ready, let the pretzels cool.
- Slice them horizontally. Spread pesto on 2 of them, chili sauce on other 2, and Rhode Island sauce on the last 2.
- Wrap 4 slices of bacon around each pretzel. Place them on the same baking tray.
- Top the pretzels with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake them for 15 more minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.