Ingredients Needed for Bacon-Wrapped Chicken With Fried Sweet Potatoes
14 ounces of chicken breast
1 ounce mozzarella
1 ounce cheddar
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 sweet potatoes, diced
vegetable oil for frying
For the sauce:
1 tablespoon butter
½ red onion, chopped
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon grain mustard
½ cup heavy cream
How to Cook Bacon-Wrapped Chicken With Fried Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- First cover the chicken with plastic foil and level it using a meat tenderizer.
- Fill it with mozzarella and Cheddar and carefully roll the chicken so you don’t lose any of the cheese filling.
- Weave the bacon slices. Wrap the chicken with the weaved bacon.
- Lay the chicken in a baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil. Bake it for the next 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, add vegetable oil in a skillet and fry the diced potatoes. Cook them until crispy, for about 6-8 minutes.
- Start to make the sauce by melting the butter in a heated skillet. Add the red onion, Dijon and grain mustard. Thicken it with heavy cream and give everything a good stir.
- Keep on heat until it’s reduced by half and it has a smooth consistency.