Ingredients Needed for Bacon-Topped Chicken and Spinach Soup
6 bacon slices
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 chicken thighs s, small-sized
1 ounce celery root, cubed
1 leek, thinly sliced
3 ounces of baby carrot, canned
2 cups of chicken stock
2 garlic cloves
3 ounces of baby spinach
vegetable oil for frying
How to Cook Bacon-Topped Chicken and Spinach Soup
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add the bacon slices and cook them until crispy. Set the bacon aside.
- Drizzle the vegetable oil in the same skillet and add the chicken thighs, skin-side down. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Cook the thighs until golden on both sides, then set them aside.
- Add the celery root, carrot, leek, and canned baby carrots in the remaining fat. Cook everything for 5 minutes, then transfer everything into a saucepan.
- Pour the chicken stock and bring everything to a boil. Cover with a lid, reduce the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the chicken thighs into small chunks. Add the chicken into the soup, along with parsley, thyme, salt, garlic, and spinach. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Serve the soup with crumbled fried bacon on top.