Ingredients Needed for Bacon Ice Tray Meatballs
12 ounces of ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
¼ cup breadcrumbs
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
12 slices of bacon
¼ cup barbecue sauce
How to Cook Bacon Ice Tray Meatballs
- Place the ground beef in a large bowl.
- Add the onion, oregano, pepper, salt, basil, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, and garlic powder. Use your hands and mix until you obtain a smooth mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Grab an ice tray and cover it with the sliced bacon.
- Grab a pinch of meat from the mixture and shape it into a 1.5 inch (4 cm) thick ball. Continue until you’ve used all of the mixture.
- Add the meatballs inside the empty slots and cover them with the bacon.
- Add everything in a baking dish and slide it into the oven for the next 20 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven, spread some barbecue sauce over the covered meatballs and slide the dish into the oven for the next 10 minutes.
Cut the bacon loaf into small bites and serve them with your favorite dip.