Ingredients Needed for Bacon, Egg and Spinach Bruschetta
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
½ red bell pepper, small bits
4 slices of bacon
1 tomato, chopped
2 garlic cloves
2 ounces of baby spinach
1 burger bun, halved
1 ounce butter, melted
¼ cup mozzarella, shredded
How to Cook Bacon, Egg and Spinach Bruschetta
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook it until softened.
- Add the bell pepper, tomato, 2 bacon slices, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add the spinach and cook for 2-3 more minutes, while stirring frequently.
- Heat a different skillet over medium heat, and add the eggs. Whisk continuously until the eggs start cooking and they reach the consistency of scrambled eggs. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Cook the remaining bacon in a different skillet until golden and crispy.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Lay the burger buns over it. Evenly spread some melted butter over the bun.
- Slide the skillet into the oven for the next 5 minutes. Keep the heat of the oven on after you’re ready.
- Top the crispy golden buns with the cooked spinach, eggs, and crispy bacon. Divide the shredded mozzarella between the buns.
- Slide the tray into the oven once again, for 5 more minutes.