Bacon Cheese Balls With Apple and Cucumber
If you’re searching for some funny-looking bites to impress the guests at your next get-together, look no further. These creamy-crunchy fried bacon and goat cheese mini balls will surely get some attention. Serve them as tapas with cucumber and apple.
Ingredients Needed for Bacon Cheese Balls With Apple and Cucumber
7 bacon slices
5 ounces of goat cheese
1 tablespoon chives
½ teaspoon paprika
½ cucumber, sliced
½ apple, julienned
How to Make Bacon Cheese Balls With Apple and Cucumber
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and lay the bacon strips in there. Bake for 15 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Add the cheese, chives, and paprika to a bowl, together with the crumbled bacon. Season with salt and pepper and mix until even.
- Start shaping small balls out of this mixture. We’ve ended up with 9 of them.
- Fill a deeper pan half-way with vegetable oil and heat it. Coat the cheese balls with flour, whisked egg, and panko.
- Deep-fry the coated balls until golden brown. Transfer them on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb some of the oil.
- Skewer each cheese ball together with a slice of cucumber using a mini skewer. Garnish with julienned apple and serve on a tray.