Ingredients Needed for Bacon, Arugula and Veggie Flatbread
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
2 cups of flour
½ teaspoon thyme powder
1 cup water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 bacon slices
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
2 ounces of arugula
½ red bell pepper, small dices
½ yellow bell pepper, small dices
½ cup mozzarella, shredded
½ cup cheddar, shredded
How to Cook Bacon, Arugula and Veggie Flatbread
- Sift the flour through a strainer and place it in your food processor.
- Add salt, thyme powder, and pour the water.
- Set the food processor at medium speed and mix everything until smooth. Let it rise for the next 30 minutes.
- Dust your working surface with flour and start kneading the dough using your hands. Do it until it’s smooth, firm, and elastic.
- After that, level it with a rolling pin, until you reach the desired thickness.
- Preheat the oven to 430°F/220°C.
- Thinly cut the onion. Cut the bacon slices.
- Next heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the bacon and onion. Season with salt and pepper and add the tomato sauce. Cook everything for 2-3 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the dough over it. Top it with the bacon and onion. Add arugula, bell pepper, Cheddar, mozzarella, and evenly spread them.
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake the pizza for 10 minutes!