Ingredients Needed for Bacon and Spinach Casserole
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
3.5 ounces of bacon, chopped
½ onion, chopped
3 ounces of spinach leaves
1 teaspoon nutmeg
½ cup milk
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
¼ cup mozzarella, chopped
How to Make Bacon and Spinach Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Add oil in a pan and fry the bacon and onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir them for 2 minutes and add spinach leaves and nutmeg.
- Separately, remove the ends of the bread and cut it into thick slices. Cut each slice into smaller bits.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add milk and mix.
- Add bread and the egg and milk mix. Add the spinach and bacon mixture.
- Add Cheddar, mix all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the mixture in a baking tray, sprinkle chopped mozzarella on top and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve with spinach leaves.