Ingredients Needed for Bacon and Onion Quiche
1 teaspoon butter
1 puff pastry sheet
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
3 bacon slices, chopped
½ cup milk
½ cup heavy cream
½ teaspoon thyme powder
1 cup flour
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ cup low moisture mozzarella, shredded
How to Cook Bacon and Onion Quiche
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Grab a round tart tray, approximately 12 inches (30 cm) in diameter.
- Lay the puff pastry in the tray and press it well. Cut the excess pastry and discard it. Pinch the surface of the pastry with a fork.
- Lay some parchment paper over the pastry and place something heavy over it. You can easily use some dried beans. They are used in order to maintain the shape of the crust as it is being baked.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 25 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook it until translucent.
- Take out the onion, and add the chopped bacon. Cook it until golden and crispy.
- Add the eggs in a large bowl and whisk them. Pour the milk, heavy cream, flour, and season with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk everything until smooth.
- Take the pie out of the oven. Increase the heat to 380 degrees F/190 degrees C.
- Add the onion and bacon over the pastry. Pour the egg and milk mixture. Top with shredded mozzarella.
- Slide the tray into the oven again, this time for 30 minutes.