Calories: 487 kCal / serving
- 29 g
- 15 g
- 36 g
Ingredients Needed for Bacon and Mushroom Bread Bowls
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
8 mushrooms, sliced
½ teaspoon five-spice powder
2 spring onions s, chopped
4 bacon slices, fried
½ cup heavy cream
4 bread rolls
½ cup cheddar, shredded
red bell pepper, diced
How to Make Bacon and Mushroom Bread Bowls
- Preheat the oven to 340°F/170°C.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the mushrooms and spring onion.
- Season with salt, pepper, and five-spice powder.
- Add the fried bacon and pour the heavy cream.
- Stir, so all the mushrooms are fully covered in sauce, and when it thickens, take the skillet out off of the heat.
- Place the bread rolls on your wooden board. Slice off the top of the bread rolls and remove their inside with a spoon. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place them on top.
- Top them with the mushroom mixture, shredded Cheddar and diced bell pepper.
- Bake the bread rolls for the next 25 minutes!