Ingredients Needed for Bacon and Cheese Fritters With Poached Egg
½ cup flour
4 bacon slices, cut into thin strips
½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
¼ cup milk
¼ teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 tablespoons of cream cheese
How to Cook Bacon and Cheese Fritters With Poached Egg
- Sift the flour into a large bowl.
- Add the bacon, cheddar, 2 eggs, fresh thyme, milk, and olive oil. Mix using a wooden spoon.
- Heat the vegetable oil, drop 1-2 tablespoons of batter into the skillet and make four fritters. You should fry only two fritters at a time, so they won’t stick together.
- Poach the remaining 2 eggs:
- Fill a saucepan with water and add a pinch of salt, then bring it to a boil.
- Crack the eggs in separate ramekins or cups.
- Make one poached egg at a time. Gently pour one egg into the saucepan. Use a spoon and create a gentle whirlpool that will help the egg white wrap around the yolk. Cook the egg for about 2 minutes (really soft egg) to 4 minutes (soft to firm one). Remove the egg with a slotted spoon. Do the same for the second one.
- Serve two bacon fritters with one tablespoon of cream cheese and one poached egg. Garnish with fresh parsley.