Ingredients Needed for Asparagus and Zucchini Cream Soup
1 pound asparagus (18 stalks)
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 large celery sticks, chopped
1 small zucchini, diced
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3 cups of chicken stock
3 fresh thyme sprigs
1 tablespoon yogurt
⅓ cup parmesan, grated
How to Cook Asparagus and Zucchini Cream Soup
- Place the asparagus sticks on the work surface and chop them into 5 pieces each. Separate the asparagus sprouts from the other pieces.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cooking pot over low heat. Add the onion and curry powder. Cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Add the celery and zucchini. Cook and stir for 1 – 2 minutes. Add the garlic and oregano and stir them in.
- Add the chicken stock, the pieced asparagus sticks without the sprouts, and thyme sprigs. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil, then cover with the lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender, add the yogurt and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the blend to the same cooking pot over low heat. When it starts bubbling add the parmesan and stir it in.
- Add the asparagus sprouts and stir for 1 minute more.
- Serve the soup with slashes of toast if you want and drizzled with some olive oil.