Ingredients Needed for Asparagus and Three-Cheese Tart
3 bacon slices
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
20 asparaguses spears
1 cup ricotta
½ cup parmesan, grated
1 egg, whisked
1 tablespoon butter
1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
5 ounces of blue cheese
How to Make Asparagus and Three-Cheese Tart
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and fry the bacon slices on both sides. Set them aside on a paper towel, to absorb the excess fat.
- Add vegetable oil in the same skillet, then add the asparagus. Season with salt and pepper and stir. Cook until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the ricotta, parmesan, and whisked egg to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine them into a paste.
- Grease a tart pan with butter. Roll out the puff pastry sheet, then add it to the tart pan. Remove its edges that come out from the pan.
- Add the ricotta and parmesan mixture to the tart pan, then arrange the cooked asparagus and bacon. Move to the oven and bake for 40 minutes at 400˚F/200˚C.
- Slide out the tart, sprinkle it with blue cheese, then bake for 5 more minutes until the blue cheese starts to melt.