Ingredients Needed for Asian Style Coquelet
1 coquelet (1 pound)
2 ounces of ginger, cut into sticks
⅔ cup cooked rice
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 spring onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves
4 cups of water
1 medium onion, minced
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon chili, chopped
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
How to Cook Asian Style Coquelet
- Stuff the coquelet with 1 ounce of ginger sticks and cooked rice.
- Transfer it to a roomy cooking pot over high heat. Season with salt, white pepper, and garlic powder. Add the spring onion, the remaining ounce of ginger sticks, garlic cloves, and water.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low and cover with the lid. Simmer for 35 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the onion, white wine vinegar, chili, soy sauce, and honey to a smaller bowl. Mix them shortly until even. Transfer to a serving bowl and set aside.
- Add the sesame oil and sesame seeds to a smaller bowl and season with salt and white pepper. Mix them shortly until even, then transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve the soup with the two sauces.