Ingredients Needed for Asian-Spiced Pork Belly
1 tablespoon sesame oil
10 ounces of pork belly
1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 star anise
2 onions, julienne sliced
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
1 teaspoon dried coriander
½ cup water
2 tablespoons of chives, thinly sliced
How to Cook Asian-Spiced Pork Belly
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the pork belly and cook it until browned.
- Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and garlic. Season with salt and star anise.
- Give it a good stir. Add the onion, tomato sauce, and coriander. Stir.
- Add the sugar, water, and chives.
- Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- You can serve the dish on a bed of rice. If you want a quick tip on how to cook rice, click here.