Ingredients Needed for Asian Shrimp and Black Rice Salad
5 ounces of black rice
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon vinegar
½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
½ teaspoon garlic powder
4 ounces shrimp
1 spring onion, sliced
½ cup canned pineapple, cubes
10 fresh mint leaves
How to Cook Asian Shrimp and Black Rice Salad
- Add the black rice in a cooking pot. Pour 1 1/2 cup of water over it. Add salt and bring the water to a boil. Cover with a lid and boil the rice for 25 minutes. When ready, give it a good stir and set aside.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, ginger, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt to a small bowl. Mix the Asian vinaigrette.
- Add half of the Asian vinaigrette to a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook it for 2-3 minutes, flipping to cook on both sides until pink. Coat with the vinaigrette.
- Add the spring onion and stir for 1 more minute.
- Add the cooked rice, cooked shrimp, fresh mint, the remaining Asian vinaigrette, and pineapple cubes to a bowl. Mix them all. You’ll make 2 servings.