Ingredients Needed for Apricot Ice Cream
2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
1 ½ cups of whipping cream
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon cognac
How to Make Apricot Ice Cream
- Remove the skins and the pits of the apricots. Keep two of them for using later on.
- Add the peeled apricots in a tall glass container. Use the immersion blender and blend them until smooth.
- Pass the blended apricots through a strainer and press, so you can obtain a smooth, clear liquid, with a sauce like consistency.
- Mix it with powdered sugar.
- Pour the whipping cream into a large bowl. Mix it until thickens, and stiff peaks appear. Add the apricot sauce and mix it with the whipped cream until smooth.
- Cover the bowl with plastic foil and freeze it for 2 hours.
- Slice the remaining apricots. Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add the sugar and melt it.
- Add the apricots, cognac, and lime juice.
- Cook the apricots for 2-3 minutes, so you can caramelize them.
- Serve them on with the apricot ice cream!