Ingredients Needed for Apple Turnovers
1 tablespoon butter
2 apples, small dices
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon cinnamon
½ puff pastry sheet
1 egg, whisked
powdered sugar (for topping)
How to Make Apple Turnovers
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add butter to it and melt it.
- Add the apples, drizzle with lemon juice and add the sugar.
- Stir until the sugar melts. Add the cornstarch and cinnamon.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Cut the pastry into 4 inches (10 cm) diameter squares. Lay the pastries on the parchment paper.
- Add around 2-3 tablespoons of apple mixture in the middle of each square. Leave around 0.4 inches (1 cm) of empty space around the apple mixture. Spread the whisked egg white in the empty space.
- Fold over from corner to corner to obtain a triangular shape. Spread the whisked egg over the pastries.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 12 minutes.
- Serve the apples topped with powdered sugar.