Ingredients Needed for Apple Souffle
2 medium apples, peeled and wedged
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 egg yolks
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup sugar
3 ounces of butter
3 egg whites
2 ladyfingers, crumbled
2 tablespoons of cognac
How to Make Apple Souffle
- Add the wedged apples to a baking dish and sprinkle them with the brown sugar.
- Drizzle them with 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake for 20 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Transfer to a blender and mix until smooth. Add the yolks and blend some more. Set aside.
- Add the whipping cream to a pan over low heat. Add the remaining vanilla extract and 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Cook and occasionally stir until the sugar melts.
- Add the butter. Cook and stir until it melts. Set aside.
- Add the egg whites to a bowl. Mix them until you have a firm cream using the hand mixer. Gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar in the process.
- Mix in the cooked apple blend using a spatula. Add the melted sugar mixture and mix more.
- Coat a small oven-proof cooking pot with butter, sprinkle with some sugar (1 tablespoon) and add the crumbled ladyfingers.
- Add the cognac and the creamy mixture and bake for 20 minutes at 370⁰F/190⁰C.
- Serve garnished with powdered sugar.