Ingredients Needed for Apple Filled Pork Roll
4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 red onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 rosemary sprig
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
10 ounces of pork tenderloin
3 tablespoons of dijon mustard
½ cup powdered milk
How to Cook Apple Filled Pork Roll
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet, over medium heat.
- Add the onion, stir and cook it until softens. Add the apple, stir and cook everything for 2 more minutes.
- Add the garlic, rosemary, white wine vinegar, some salt and pepper. Cook for 2 more minutes. Set aside.
- Place the pork loin on a chopping board and slice it through the middle. Cover it with plastic foil and level the meat with a kitchen mallet. Remove the foil.
- Add the filling on one side of the meat. Roll the meat making sure you don’t lose any of the filling.
- Tie with cooking string to secure the pork roll, making a few knots.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the pork and cook it for around 10 minutes total time, turning it on all sides in the process. Set it aside and let it rest before slicing it.
- You can serve the pork roll as is, or with a sauce.
- If you want, make a Dijon sauce by heating the remaining oil in a skillet, then adding the Dijon mustard. Stir often, until the sauce is smooth.