Ingredients Needed for Apple Cinnamon Roll Cups
2 tablespoons of butter
3 apples, small dices
¼ cup cognac
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
7 ounces of puff pastry dough
4 ounces of butter, melted
How to Cook Apple Cinnamon Roll Cups
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add 1 teaspoon of butter and melt it.
- Add the diced apples and stir them for a few moments. Make a small room in the middle of the pan and add the remaining butter. Stir and melt it.
- Add the cognac, brown sugar, and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon to flavor the apples.
- Dust your working space with flour and add the pastry dough. Use a rolling pin and level it until thin as possible.
- Evenly spread half of the melted butter and the remaining cinnamon over the pastry. Start from the end closest to you and gently roll the pastry towards the opposite end.
- Horizontally slice the pastry roll into thin slices, around 0.4 inches (1 cm) thick.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Grab a 6-slot muffin tray and grease them with the remaining melted butter.
- Add 4 slices of pastry in each empty slot, one on the bottom and 3 on the sides, making a small room in the middle.
- Fill the empty space with the apple mix.
- Grab 6 remaining slices of dough and thin them with a rolling pin. Place the thin slices on top of the cups, securing the filling.
- You can top the cups with some more brown sugar and melted butter.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 50 minutes.