Ingredients Needed for Apple and Walnut Pie
½ cup sugar
½ cup apple juice
2 ounces of butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
2 ounces of walnut
powdered sugar (optional)
How to Cook Apple and Walnut Pie
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the sugar and pour the apple juice.
- Leave it on heat until the sugar melts, and small bubbles appear on the surface. Slowly stir with a wooden spatula in the process.
- Add the butter and the vanilla extract. Again, slowly stir until the butter has melted.
- Peel the apples and remove their inside. After that, slice them.
- Evenly spread them into the pan. Simmer them for around 40 minutes, until tender, over medium-low heat.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Lay the puff pastry on the bottom of a cast-iron skillet, fully covering its bottom and sides.
- Slice off the excess pastry.
- Pour the apple and caramel mix into the skillet.
- Slide the skillet into the oven for the next 25 minutes.
- Top it with powdered sugar and walnuts.