Apple and Walnut Crepes
If you think those crepes aren’t worth anything without the Nutella jar around, it’s time to reconsider your opinion! Just try this incredible filling with apple, walnuts and cranberries next time when making crepes and you’ll be amazed by the result.
Ingredients Needed for Apple and Walnut Crepes
½ cup flour
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
3 tablespoons of sugar
2 star anise
1 tablespoon dried cranberry
1 teaspoon butter
½ cup orange juice
1 baby spinach
How to Make Apple and Walnut Crepes
- Sift the flour and put it in a small bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt, eggs, and milk.
- Use a vertical mixer or a whisk to blend everything until you make a thin batter.
- Heat a few drops of vegetable oil in a skillet and make 4 crepes. Set them aside.
- When you finish making the crepes, put the sugar in the same skillet, on low heat, and let it melt.
- Add the star anise, apple, walnuts, and dried cranberries. Mix them together.
- Add the butter and mix.
- When the butter has melted, add the orange juice gradually, while stirring, until the sauce reduces by half.
- Set aside the filling, but keep some syrup into the skillet.
- Fill the crepes with the apple, walnut and cranberry mixture.
- Then put each crepe back into the skillet, one by one, to coat it with the syrup.
- Serve warm!