Ingredients Needed for American Flag Red Velvet Cheesecake
For the base:
1 ½ cups of flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
5 ounces of butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons of red food coloring
For the cream:
14 ounces of cream cheese
3 tablespoons of powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the marzipan paste:
7 ounces of marzipan
1 teaspoon red food coloring
1 teaspoon blue food coloring
How to Cook American Flag Red Velvet Cheesecake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- First, add the flour in a large bowl. Add the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk.
- Add the melted butter and sugar in your food processor. Start mixing and add the eggs, vanilla extract, white wine vinegar, and red food coloring. Mix until you obtain a smooth mixture.
- Pour the mixture in a round baking tray, approximately 10 inches (25 cm) in diameter.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 40 minutes.
- Next, add the cream cheese in a large bowl. Add the vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Horizontally slice off the top of the cake. Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake. Add the cake in the refrigerator for the next 60 minutes.
- Divide the marzipan into 2. Mix half with the red food coloring, and the remaining half with the blue one. You can use gloves to mix the food coloring with the marzipan.
- Level the marzipan until thin.
- Use a small star-shaped ring to shape the marzipan into small little stars.
- Use the stars to decorate the cake.