Almond-Flavored Honey Custard
Let’s prepare a quick honey-sweetened custard. We flavored this one with almond extract and lemon zest, but this shouldn’t stop you to flavor it to your own taste. Therefore, use it as is or enhanced to fill the tarts or other pastries.
Ingredients Needed for Almond-Flavored Honey Custard
1 teaspoon almond extract
½ teaspoon lemon zest
4 tablespoons of honey
2 cups of heavy whipping cream
How to Make Almond-Flavored Honey Custard
- Add the eggs, almond extract, lemon zest, and honey to a bowl. Mix until even using the hand mixer. Set aside.
- Add the whipping cream to a pot over low heat. Stir and heat until the whipping cream reaches 180⁰F/90⁰C.
- Gradually pour the heated whipping cream over the beaten egg mixture. Constantly whisk in the process.
- Transfer the mixture to a pot over low heat. Constantly stir and heat up until creamy.
- Let it cool, then use it to fill or top pastries.