Ingredients Needed for Almond-Crusted Trout Fillet
½ cup flour
1 tablespoon milk
½ cup almond flake
2 ounces of butter
How to Make Almond-Crusted Trout Fillet
- Clean and wash the trout and cut off its head and tail.
- Lay the fish on its side on a cutting board.
- Put one hand on the fish and with the other hand handle the knife.
- Start with a long cut on top of the spine and run your knife down, on the length of the spine, to the tail.
- Turn the fish upside down and make the same thing on the other side. Cut lengthwise starting on top of the spine through the tail.
- After you reveal the spine, you can cut close to the ribs to take them of the flesh. Make the same thing on both sides, to fillet the fish.
- Then, slowly, remove the trout skin with the knife.
- If you cannot remove all the bones from the beginning, you can use a pair of tweezers to take them off.
- Make an egg wash by whisking the egg with the milk. Put the egg wash in a plate.
- Put the flour and the almond flakes in two separate plates.
- Coat each trout fillet with flour, then egg wash, then almond flakes.
- Put the butter in a skillet and melt it on medium heat.
- When the butter melts, add the trout fillets in the skillet.
- Fry the fillets until the almond flakes turn golden, about 5 minutes per side.