Ingredients Needed for Almond and Cherry Cakes
1½ cups of sugar
1½ cups of flour
3 teaspoons of almond extract
¾ cup almonds
3 cups of cherries
1 ounce butter
3 teaspoons of powdered sugar
How to Make Almond and Cherry Cakes
- Add the eggs and sugar to the mixer bowl. Mix until you have a liquid dough resembling a smooth cream.
- Sift the flour into the bowl, add the almond extract and mix more. Set aside.
- Chop the almonds using a knife, add them to a skillet, and heat them a little over low heat, while continuously stirring. Set them aside.
- Pit the cherries using a cherry pitter then cut each one in half.
- Coat three ramekins with the butter, sprinkle some powdered sugar and add the first layer of almonds and cherries into each one of them. Then fill them with the liquid dough and add, on top, the rest of the cherries and almonds. Bake for 30 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.
- Serve with cherry topping, a cherry on top of each one, and some powdered sugar sprinkled over them.