Ingredients Needed for Alexandria-Style Egyptian Liver
1 pound beef liver
vegetable oil for frying
2 garlic heads
3 chili peppers, sliced
1 green bell pepper, diced
¼ cup white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons of cumin powder
½ teaspoon chili flakes
2 red bell peppers, diced
2 yellow bell peppers, diced
How to Make Alexandria-Style Egyptian Liver
- Cut the beef liver into thin slices. Put the slices in a large strainer and wash them.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over high-heat. Add garlic (depending on your taste), chili, and green bell pepper and cook them for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with sea salt. Add the white wine vinegar and let it simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the beef liver, cumin, pepper, and a bit more sea salt.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook the liver for 10 minutes. Add the chili flakes before removing it from the heat.
- Squeeze some lemon juice on the liver and serve it with the bell pepper.
- TIP: While cooking, garlic gets different tastes, because it burns fast. So you can put a small quantity at the beginning, and add more during cooking.