Ingredients Needed for Alaska Chocolate Mini Cakes
6 egg yolks
4 cups of sugar
⅔ cup vegetable oil
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
¾ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ cup water
12 egg whites
5 cups of chocolate ice cream
How to Cook Alaska Chocolate Mini Cakes
- Add the egg yolks and 1 cup of sugar to the mixer bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Add the vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Mix more.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda to a strainer. Strain them together into the mixer bowl. Keep mixing until smooth. Add the water in the process.
- Add 6 egg whites and a dash of salt to a bowl. Whisk them until firm using the hand mixer. Add 1 cup of sugar in the process.
- Add this whipped cream to the yolk and cocoa mixture bowl. Mix until smooth using a spatula.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and pour this cocoa batter on it. Spread it evenly, then bake for 20 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Transfer the base on the work surface. Cut 8 discs using a 4-inch round cookie cutter and another 4 smaller ones with a 3-inch cutter.
- Take a smaller bowl, line it with a bigger plastic foil and spray it with just a tad of olive oil. Place one of the small discs inside it, then add a scoop of ice cream. Place a big disc on top, then finish with 4 scoops of ice cream and another big disc. Wrap the foil margins over them. Fill another 3 bowls in this manner with the remaining discs and ice cream. In the end, you should have 4 mini cakes.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining 6 egg whites and a dash of salt to a bowl. Whisk them until firm using the hand mixer. Add the remaining 2 cups of sugar in the process.
- Unwrap the frozen mini cakes and place them upside down on plates. Coat them with the whipped cream and brown a little using the kitchen blowtorch.