Ingredients Needed for Mustard-Glazed Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
7 ounces of butternut squash, cubes
1 red onion, wedges
1 parsnip, cubes
2 carrots, cubes
6 rosemary sprigs
2 chicken breasts
1 cup chicken stock
¼ cup white wine
2 tablespoons of wholegrain mustard
How to Cook Mustard-Glazed Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Add the butternut squash, onion, parsnip, and carrots to a baking dish. Add the rosemary sprigs, season with salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast the vegetables for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet and lay the chicken breasts in it. Season with salt and pepper. Fry the chicken for 5 minutes on each side.
- When the chicken is golden brown on all its sides, take it out of the skillet and set it aside. Add the chicken stock, white wine, and whole grain mustard to the same skillet.
- When the liquid starts to boil, add the chicken breast back to the skillet. Reduce the heat and simmer the chicken in the mustard-flavored liquid for about 15 minutes, until the sauce reduces by half.
- Serve the mustard-glazed chicken breast with roasted vegetables.