Sweet Mini Pancakes
It’s time for sweet treats. If you’re not looking for something terribly complicated these pancakes may suit you very well. We’ve made them really sweet and served them with an even sweeter sauce. You can also color them differently as we did.
Ingredients Needed for Sweet Mini Pancakes
2 egg yolks
3 ounces sugar
1½ ounces butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup milk
7 ounces flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 egg whites
5 ounces powdered sugar
How to Make Sweet Mini Pancakes
- Add the yolks and sugar to a bowl. Mix until even using a hand mixer.
- Mix in 1 ounce of butter and the baking powder.
- Keep mixing while gradually adding most of the milk (save 1 tablespoon for later use), then do the same for the flour. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, too.
- Add the egg whites to a bowl and beat them using the hand mixer. Mix until firm.
- Transfer the beaten egg whites to the batter bowl. Mix them until even.
- Heat a few drops of oil in a pan over low heat. You can use the batter as is, or follow us strictly and portion the batter between 3 bowls, then coloring each one with different food colors.
- Pour the batter from each bowl into the pan and cook the 3 pancakes one after the other. Set them aside.
- Melt the remaining butter (2 teaspoons, or so) in a smaller pot over low heat. Stir in the remaining teaspoon of vanilla extract and also a dash of salt.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of milk and stir it in.
- Add the powdered sugar. Cook and stir vigorously until smooth. You can add food coloring into the mix if you want.
- Place the pancakes on the work surface and cut them into various shapes using cookie cutters.
- Serve them drizzled with the sweet sauce. You can garnish all with sprinkles.