Ingredients Needed for Sweet Mini Pancakes
2 egg yolks
3 ounces sugar
1 ½ ounces butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup milk
7 ounces flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 egg whites
5 ounces powdered sugar
How to Cook Sweet Mini Pancakes
- Add the yolks and sugar to a bowl. Mix until even using a hand mixer.
- Mix in 1 ounce of butter and the baking powder.
- Keep mixing while gradually adding most of the milk (save 1 tablespoon for later use), then do the same for the flour. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, too.
- Add the egg whites to a bowl and beat them using the hand mixer. Mix until firm.
- Transfer the beaten egg whites to the batter bowl. Mix them until even.
- Heat a few drops of oil in a pan over low heat. You can use the batter as is, or follow us strictly and portion the batter between 3 bowls, then coloring each one with different food colors.
- Pour the batter from each bowl into the pan and cook the 3 pancakes one after the other. Set them aside.
- Melt the remaining butter (2 teaspoons, or so) in a smaller pot over low heat. Stir in the remaining teaspoon of vanilla extract and also a dash of salt.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of milk and stir it in.
- Add the powdered sugar. Cook and stir vigorously until smooth. You can add food coloring into the mix if you want.
- Place the pancakes on the work surface and cut them into various shapes using cookie cutters.
- Serve them drizzled with the sweet sauce. You can garnish all with sprinkles.