Ingredients Needed for Chicken Pita Wraps
1 teaspoon peppercorns
10 ounces of chicken breast
2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
¼ cabbage, chopped
3 pickles, sliced
4 pita breads
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
4 chilis, sliced
½ cup arugula
1 cup parmesan, grated
How to Make Chicken Pita Wraps
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and salt it.
- Add the peppercorns, chicken breast and a few thyme sprigs. Cover with the lid and cook for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked meat to a blender and crush it.
- Transfer the meat to a bowl and add the mayonnaise, cabbage, and pickles. Season with salt and pepper, then mix until even.
- Spread 1/4 of the meat mixture on a thin pita or a tortilla. Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of parsley, add a few slices of chili, arugula, and grated parmesan. Wrap the pita/tortilla around the filling. Do the same for the other 3 pitas using the remaining ingredients.
- Wrap each pita wrap with plastic foil and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Unwrap the pita wraps and transfer them to a baking dish. Top with more grated parmesan and bake for 10 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- You can serve them with cream and garnish them with more parsley.
Try your hand with these yummy hot pita wraps. They are mildly crunchy and creamy at the same time because we filled them with a tender chicken breast mixture and with raw cabbage and pickles at the same time. By the way, you can use tortilla instead of pita, if you want.