Add some antioxidants to your beloved banana bread to take it to the next health level, by simply adding one special ingredient: matcha green tea powder. Do you want to make some matcha banana bread? Here is how!
Known for having 137 x more antioxidants than regular green tea - matcha will elevate your banana bread to superfood level! It’s also a sneaky way of tricking your little ones into eating a fiber and chlorophyll-rich, healthy green. We got your back mamas!
But the health benefits certainly don’t stop there. You will also come to love this powder for being a rich source of selenium, magnesium, zinc and vitamin C, and is an excellent, natural way of boosting mental clarity and metabolism.
On top of that, our recipe is super easy to make - so let’s do it!
Matcha banana bread recipe:
- 3 large, ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tbsp matcha
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F) and grease a 9X5-inch pan.
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar, melted butter, and egg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and matcha powder.
- Add to the sugar mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Pop under the grill with some melted butter and serve with banana slices and natural maple syrup.
- Serve and enjoy in the company of loved ones!