Ingredients Needed for Codfish Cakes With Yogurt Sauce
10 ounces codfish, cubed
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup yogurt
1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
How to Make Codfish Cakes With Yogurt Sauce
- Add the codfish to the blender and mash it. Transfer to a bowl and season with salt.
- Keep adding the garlic, olive oil, and egg. Mix until even using your hands.
- Cover with plastic foil and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Start shaping cakes. We’ve ended up with 12 of them.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the patties on it. Bake for 15 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Add the yogurt, dill, and lemon juice to a small bowl. Mix them shortly.
- Serve the cakes with yogurt dip and with lemon wedges, if you want.
Although these tender codfish baked cakes should take you 1 hour or so to prepare them, it surely worth the ‘effort’ (30 minutes refrigeration plus 15 minutes baking… come on!). Pair them with a creamy lemony yogurt and dill sauce. And if you’re really into citrus fruits, consider serving these fish cakes with lemon wedges, too.