Ingredients Needed for Sesame Pork Open Sandwiches
14 ounces pork tenderloin, grilled
2 spring onions, chopped
2 chilis, finely sliced
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon dried curry
8 toast bread slices
How to Make Sesame Pork Open Sandwiches
- Cut the grilled tenderloin into 1-inch pieces.
- Add it to the blender together with the egg, spring onion, and chili. Season with the pepper, salt, oregano, thyme, and curry.
- Mash everything, then spread the mixture on the bread.
- Add the sesame seeds on a plate. Press each slice coated-face-down into the seeds.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan over low heat and add the open sandwiches.
- Fry them for 2 minutes on both sides.
Making sandwiches is an art in itself. Here’s only one example. We coated these open sandwiches with a creamy mixture made with pork tenderloin, egg, spring onion, and chili, all mashed together and spiced. All this needed a matching topping, so the sesame seeds (white & black) won the contest.