Ingredients Needed for Milk Rice Pudding With Rhubarb and Strawberries
6 strawberries, halved
6 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons red wine
1 rhubarb stalk, chopped
2 cups of milk
3 teaspoons butter
5 ounces of rice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ounce mascarpone
How to Make Milk Rice Pudding With Rhubarb and Strawberries
- Add the strawberries and 2 tablespoons of sugar to a smaller bowl and mix them. Set aside.
- Pour the wine into a pot over low heat and add 2 more tablespoons of sugar.
- Cook and stir until the sugar melts.
- Add the rhubarb and cook for 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour the milk into another pot over low heat.
- Add the remaining sugar, season with salt and nutmeg, then cook for 3-4 minutes while continually stirring. Set aside.
- Add the butter to yet another pot over low heat and melt it.
- Add the rice and stir in.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, stir, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the sweetened milk and keep simmering for 3-5 minutes more.
- Add the vanilla extract and the mascarpone. Stir in until the mixture thickens.
- Serve warm or lukewarm, topped with sweetened strawberries and rhubarb sauce.
In the mood for a hearty dessert? Let’s try the milk rice pudding. It’s a classic. Only this time we want to upgrade big time. This is why we’ll top it not only with sweetened strawberries but also with an irresistible rhubarb and red wine sauce.