Somewhere between a classic salad and a dessert, you’ll find the refreshing and easy-to-prepare fruit salad. Juicy, sour and/or sweet, and refreshing, fruity salads are everything you might need on a hot summer day. Especially with all these wild heat waves happening ever so often nowadays. Of course, you can always mix fruits with veggies, …
Search Results for: fruit salad
Ingredients Needed for Caramelized Fruit Salad With Vanilla Sauce
For the sauce:
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon rum extract
1 cup heavy cream
For the salad:
⅔ cup sugar
3 ounces of rhubarb, frozen
3 ounces of mango, frozen
1 ounce cranberry, frozen
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
0.5 ounce raisin
How to Make Caramelized Fruit Salad With Vanilla Sauce
- Add the eggs inside a mixing bowl along with the sugar. Mix them for 2-3 minutes until you get a smooth mixture. Add the vanilla and rum extract. Pour the heavy cream, and mix for an additional 2 minutes to incorporate it into the mixture.
- Separately, heat a skillet over medium heat. Melt the sugar. Add the frozen rhubarb, mango, and cook them for 2 minutes, until they start to soften. Add the frozen cranberries and stir.
- Add the butter over the fruit and stir. Pour the heavy cream and squeeze the juice from a quarter of a lemon. Add the raisins and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Serve the caramelized fruit salad with vanilla sauce on top.
Now that it’s winter, finding fresh fruit is somewhat difficult. Then again, you can always buy frozen ones. What can you do with them? You can try this wonderful dessert. Rhubarb, mango, and cranberries, all caramelized with sugar, and with a thick vanilla sauce as a side. If you want, you can serve them in tall margarita glasses, just to impress your friends!
Ingredients Needed for Hot Fruit Salad
⅓ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup apple sauce
⅓ cup melted butter
10 ounces of canned pears
7 ounces of canned peaches
2 ounces of dried cranberries
3 ounces of dried apricots
powdered sugar for garnishing
How to Make Hot Fruit Salad
- Add the brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon to a bowl. Season with salt and mix using a whisker.
- Add the applesauce and melted butter. Mix more until even. Set aside.
- Add the canned pears, canned peaches, dried cranberries, dried apricots, and the applesauce mixture to a slow cooker. Cover with the lid and cook for 2 hours on high.
- Serve in glasses, garnished with powdered sugar.
Welcome to a feast for your sweet tooth! This hot fruit salad is indeed a scrumptious combination of textures: pleasantly flavourful dried cranberries and apricots with extra-juicy and soft canned pears and peaches. Make sure you flavor this fruity treat with applesauce, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
Ingredients Needed for Quinoa Fruit Salad With Toasted Coconut Flakes
⅓ cup quinoa
1 ¼ cup water
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon brown sugar
½ cup coconut flakes
1 kiwi, sliced
1 tablespoon blackberries
1 tablespoon blueberries
How to Make Quinoa Fruit Salad With Toasted Coconut Flakes
- Add the quinoa in a large bowl and pour 1 cup of water over it. Let it soak for 30 minutes. When the time’s up, drain the excess water using a strainer.
- Add the remaining water and the milk in a saucepan, then place it over medium heat. Add the brown sugar.
- When the liquid starts simmering, add the soaked quinoa, and whisk for 1-2 minutes. Leave it aside so that the quinoa absorbs the liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the coconut flakes over it, in an even layer. Bake the flakes for the next 5 minutes.
- Make sure the quinoa is soft and then strain it well, to remove the excess liquid.
- Transfer the cooked quinoa in a bowl, then add the coconut flakes, combine them with a fork.
- Top the bowl with kiwi, blackberries, and blueberries.
We’re big fans of quinoa, because it can be used in lots of different ways. One of our clear favorites is this fruit salad, topped with some lightly toasted coconut flakes. Top this with your favorite fruits. If you need a starting point, go for kiwi, blackberries, and blueberries. The taste ends up being just right!
Ingredients Needed for Muesli, Nuts and Fruit Salad in a Jar
1 cup muesli
16 dried apricots
2 ounces of cashews
3 tablespoons of dried cranberries
3 tablespoons of mixed seeds
3.5 ounces of white mulberries
3 tablespoons of chia seeds
4 tablespoons of honey
½ cup yogurt
1 handful pecan nuts
How to Make Muesli, Nuts and Fruit Salad in a Jar
- To make a salad in a jar, you’ll need two jars of about 12 ounces/370 grams.
- Divide the muesli between the two jars.
- Add the dried apricots, cashews, dried cranberries, mixed seeds, white mulberries, chia seeds, honey, yogurt, and pecans equally into each jar.
- Cover the jars and open them when you’re ready to serve the salad.
This muesli, nuts, and fruit salad in a jar provides all the nutrition you need in the morning, so you’ll be energetic enough to face a new busy day. You can also take it away and serve it as an energy-packed sweet snack. Make one for your significant other, too!
Ingredients Needed for Mason Jar Fruit Salad
7 ounces of pineapple chunks, canned
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
10 mint leaves
1 tablespoon redcurrants
3 tablespoons of blueberries
3 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds
1 tablespoon cognac
How to Make Mason Jar Fruit Salad
- Take 1 glass jar (12 ounces/370 grams) and add half of the pineapple chunks on its bottom.
- Sprinkle about½ a teaspoon of brown sugar.
- Add 4-5 mint leaves.
- Add the strawberries and red currants.
- Add the remaining pineapple.
- Sprinkle½ a teaspoon of brown sugar.
- Add the blueberries, mint leaves, pomegranate seeds, the remaining brown sugar, and the cognac.
If you’re looking for a quick dessert or snack, then we urge you to give this Mason jar fruit salad a go. The red currants and strawberries bring on the color and delicate texture, the mint is a burst of freshness, and the pineapple is a sweet delight. For a cocktail-like extra twist, do add some brandy. You won’t regret it!
Ingredients Needed for Fresh Fruit Salad With Lettuce and Kale½ lettuce head 3 kales leaves ¼ pomegranate 1 orange ½ lime 1 tablespoon honey 5 cherry tomatoes, halves 1 blueberry 1 tablespoon almond flake
How to Make Fresh Fruit Salad With Lettuce and Kale
- Chop the lettuce and kale. Add them to a salad bowl.
- Remove the pomegranate seeds in a bowl full of water.
- Grate the orange zest. Halve the orange.
- Squeeze the orange juice from half of an orange and the lime juice in a small bowl. Add the orange zest and honey, then stir.
- Pour the orange dressing on the lettuce salad.
- Peel the other orange half and cut it into chunks.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, pomegranate seeds, blueberries, and orange chunks.
- Combine everything.
- Sprinkle the almond flakes before serving the salad.
If you want to make a fruit-based salad but want to keep as far away as possible from the sweet side, try adding some lettuce leaves and some kale. The result has a crunchy texture, while the sweetness in the fruit is dutifully balanced by the freshness in the leafy greens.
Ingredients Needed for Rubik’s Cube Fruit Salad
1 watermelon slice
3.5 ounces of feta cheese
1 ounce white chocolate, shredded
How to Make Rubik’s Cube Fruit Salad
- Remove the skin of the kiwis and the shell of the watermelon.
- Slice the kiwis, watermelon, and feta into thick dices.
- Arrange the obtained dices in a 3×3 cube.
- Try not to place same cubes next to each other.
- Serve the salad with shredded white chocolate on top.
We always value creativity when it comes to cooking, and if you want to try something that is a true eye-catcher, try this recipe! Take a kiwi, some watermelon, feta cheese, and make some thick equal dices. Place them on top of each other like a Rubik’s Cube. It’s a very appealing and refreshing salad!
Ingredients Needed for Hot Fruit Salad
½ red onion
1 tablespoon honey
4 mint leaves
How to Make Hot Fruit Salad
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Peel the mango and cut it into medium cubes.
- Cut the pineapple into medium cubes.
- Dice the onion.
- Slice the chili.
- Put fruits, chili, and onion in a medium bowl.
- Squeeze the lime and add the honey.
- Break in pieces some fresh mint leaves and spread them on top.
- Mix all the ingredients.
Juicy strawberry pieces, meaty mango and sweet pineapple combine their aromas for a salad that’s refreshing during a massive heatwave. But if you add chili to this combo, you get an unexpected wonderful mix of flavors, sweet and spicy at the same time.
Ingredients Needed for Caramelized Fruit Salad
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon raisins
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon butter
2 vanilla ice cream scoops
How to Make Caramelized Fruit Salad
- Slice off the skin of the orange and then slice it.
- Thinly slice the banana, apple, and pear.
- Next heat a skillet over medium heat. Add sugar and melt it.
- Add the sliced fruits, raisins, pumpkin seeds, and spice up with cinnamon.
- Add the butter and melt it. Cook the fruit until caramelized.
- You can serve them in a tortilla cone, topped with some ice cream and some fresh mint leaves.
Want to make a quick dessert using some leftover fruit? Well, here is one that’s also gluten-free. Use the fruit at your disposal, chop, and caramelize with some sugar. You can top everything with some raisins, cinnamon, and pumpkin seeds. And the salad is at its most tasty when served with a bit of ice cream on top!
Ingredients Needed for Fruity Beetroot Salad and Smoked Mackerel With Pomegranate Sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon pomegranate juice
4 apricots, pitted and halved
1 beetroot, sliced
2 figs, quartered
1 smoked mackerel
How to Make Fruity Beetroot Salad and Smoked Mackerel With Pomegranate Sauce
- Add the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and pomegranate juice to a small bowl. Mix them.
- Heat the grill pan over low heat and add the beetroot slices and the apricot halves, cut-side down. Grill for 3 minutes.
- Transfer on a plate and serve with figs and smoked mackerel. Drizzle all with the pomegranate sauce.
You’ll need a smoked mackerel ready for this one because we’ll concentrate on the side-dish and sauce. It’s a no-brainer warm and fruity ‘salad’ made with grilled beetroot slices and apricots wherein we add some quartered figs. We serve the fish and side-dish drizzled with a lemony pomegranate sauce.
Ingredients Needed for Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
For the dressing:
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
For the salad:
2 ounces of arugula
½ grapefruit, wedged
½ avocado, sliced
½ red onion, sliced
How to Make Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
- For the dressing:
Add the vinegar and oil to a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix until even. Set aside.
- For the salad:
Add the ingredients for the salad to a bowl. Add the dressing and mix using two spoons until even.
Juicy grapefruit, creamy avocado, refreshing arugula and 5 minutes of your time for a simple yet delicious salad. Deal? Artfully combine the slightly bitter and acidic taste of grapefruit with a sour and olive oily dressing. Augment these with peppery arugula and onion flavor.