For this recipe, we've first boiled the potatoes, keeping their skin on. Next, we’ve levelled them, and then we’ve fried them to get that golden crispy crust. You can serve the potatoes on their own, or as a side for a steak.
- 4-5 medium-sized potatoes, skin on
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, add the potatoes, and fill it with enough water so you can cover the potatoes.
- Cook the potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Take them out of the water and place them on a wooden board.
- Press them, levelling them to about 1/2 inch (1.2 cm) thick.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and cook them until golden on both sides.
- Garnish the potatoes with chives and serve them with your favorite dip.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 492 kcal
- 14 g
- 10 g
- 84 g