Roasted Butternut Squash Mash
Butternut squash is popular almost all around the world, not only for its health benefits, but for its versatility too. Try roasting it and then mashing it with a bit of spices, and serve it as a side for a delicious steak.
- 1 butternut squash, approximately 2 pounds (900 grams)
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 ounce (15 grams) ginger, sliced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 380°F/190°C.
- Remove the skin of the butternut squash and dice it.
- Slice the shallot.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the diced squash, shallot, and ginger over it.
- Season with salt, pepper, and pour the vegetable oil.
- Roast the veggies for the next 35 minutes. Don’t turn off the heat, and reduce it to 350°F/175°C.
- Place the roasted veggies in a blender and pour the vegetable stock. Blend, add the shredded mozzarella and microwave the mash for 1 minute to melt the cheese.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 285 kcal
- 3 g
- 11 g
- 61 g