Pork and Asparagus Stir-Fry on Rice
Don’t know what to do with some delicious pork tenderloin? Cook it next to some mushrooms and asparagus and serve it on a bed of flavored rice. To spice things up, we've infused the rice with rosemary and star anise.
- 2-3 rosemary sprigs
- 2 star anises
- 5 ounces (140 grams) rice
- 12 ounces (140 grams) pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4-5 medium-sized mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lime
- Orange zest
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4-5 medium-sized asparagus stalks
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- Spring onion (for serving)
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and fill around half of it with water. Add a pinch of salt, 1 rosemary sprig and star anises. Add the rice and cook it according to the instructions on the package.
- Slice the pork tenderloin in about 0.8 inches (2 cm) thick slices.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the pork and season it with salt and pepper. Add the remaining rosemary sprigs and mushrooms.
- Cook the pork for 10 minutes. Add lime juice, orange zest, soy sauce, and dried oregano.
- Add the asparagus stalks and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add white sesame seeds, stir, and turn off the heat.
- Serve the pork and asparagus with the rice side.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 590 kcal
- 13 g
- 45 g
- 73 g