Pan-Fried Salmon with Red Currant Sauce
Salmon is a satisfying, nutritious, and delicious fish but it can be dull if you don’t serve it with a refreshing side. Try this pan-fried salmon with red currant sauce and fresh salad. We promise it’s an amazing culinary experience!
- 7 ounces (200 grams) salmon fillet (1 fillet)
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red currants
- 1/2 orange
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 lettuce
- 2 radishes
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons roasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place the salmon fillet on your countertop skin side down.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and lay in it the salmon fillet, skin-side down.
- Cook 6 to 7 minutes. Flip the fillet and cook it for 1-2 more minutes. Set it aside.
- Place the redcurrant in a strainer, on top of a bowl. Press them with a fork to squeeze their juice.
- Squeeze the orange and the lemon in the same bowl.
- Transfer the fruit juice in a saucepan, on medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of honey. Stir and boil until the juice reduces and you make a thick sauce.
- Chop the lettuce, slice the radish and the cherry tomatoes. Add them all to a salad bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of roasted pine nuts and the lemon juice. Mix the salad.
- Add the salad to a large plate. Set the salmon on top.
- Pour red currant sauce over the salmon fillet and sprinkle some more roasted pine nuts.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 637 kcal
- 37 g
- 43 g
- 37 g