Meatballs in Tomato Sauce and Rice
When you're craving for a satisfying meal, these meatballs in tomato sauce are a good option - they’re easy to make and go pretty well with any side dish. We paired them with rice, but you can serve with mashed potatoes or salad.
- 1 pound (450 grams) ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dried vegetables
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 eggs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 carrot
- 4 cups (1000 ml) tomato sauce
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) feta cheese
- Put the ground beef in a bowl.
- Add the dried vegetables, pepper, coriander powder, oregano, and salt.
- Add the breadcrumbs and flour.
- Crush the garlic and add it to the bowl.
- Add the eggs.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil.
- Shred the carrot and add it to the bowl.
- Combine the ingredients using your hands. Shape meatballs and place them on a plate.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep skillet and fry the meatballs until golden brown.
- Line a large plate with paper towels and place the meatballs on it, to absorb the excess fat.
- Pour the tomato sauce in a baking dish.
- Add the basil leaves.
- Soak the fried meatballs in the sauce.
- Crumble the feta cheese over the meatballs.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve the meatballs with the cooked rice.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 560 kcal
- 41 g
- 30 g
- 20 g