Maple Bacon Muffins
Starters & Snacks
When bacon and maple syrup are used in the same dish, things are bound to become interesting. And especially when we talk about... muffins. These muffins are sweet, salty, smoky, and when tasting them, they’re sure to bring your frown upside down!
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 cup (140 grams) flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) maple syrup
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the bacon slices.
- Add the bacon slices and fry them until crispy. Chop them into small bits.
- Place the flour in a large bowl. Crack the egg, add the sour cream and the fried bacon. Keep a small quantity and use it for later on.
- Use a tablespoon and mix everything, using circular moves, until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Grab a six-slot muffin tray and add muffin wrappers in its empty slots. Fill the muffin wrappers with the mixture.
- Add the remaining fried bacon on top of the muffins.
- Bake them for the next 25 minutes.
- Serve them with maple syrup on top!
Nutrition Per Serving
- 393 kcal
- 16 g
- 11 g
- 50 g