Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
These lemon poppy seed muffins should be on your to-do list if you’re expecting some guests. They're sweet and sour, just perfect for a cup of tea!
- 1 1/2 cups (210 grams) flour
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- For the sugar glaze:
- 1/2 cup (55 grams) powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) lemon juice
- Sift the flour through a strainer and place it in a large bowl.
- Add the poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. Mix with a fork.
- Place the eggs in a large bowl. Add the yogurt, lemon zest, and whisk until smooth.
- Use a whisk and make a small hole in the middle of the flour. Pour the wet mixture into the hole while whisking, and continue until you obtain a smooth mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Grab a 12-slot muffin tin, and fill its empty slots with the muffin mixture.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 25 minutes.
- For the sugar glaze, mix the powdered sugar with lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Spread it over the muffins before serving them.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 336 kcal
- 5 g
- 10 g
- 64 g