Chicken Drumsticks and Rice Skillet
Are you searching for a good protein combo? Then these chicken drumsticks may be the tasty answer you need! Not to mention, it won’t add that much time to the cooking time of the overall meal.
- 5 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano and chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons Harissa sauce
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ginger (to taste)
- 1/2 orange
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (225 grams) Basmati rice
- 3 dates, sliced
- 1 tablespoon pistachios, chopped
- Put the drumsticks into a bowl. Sprinkle some oregano and chili flakes, pepper, and salt over it.
- Also, pour 2 tablespoons of the Harissa sauce.
- Roll the chicken drumsticks into the mixture. Set aside.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a frying pan, add the chopped onion and crushed garlic, and shred some ginger while cooking. Also, squeeze the orange in there.
- When the onion starts to caramelize, place the chicken parts into the frying pan.
- Cook it on both their sides for 5 minutes or until they turn light brown.
- Pour the chicken stock over them. Add the basmati rice, dates, cumin, the rest of the oregano, chili flakes and the rest of the Harissa sauce.
- Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with pistachio and serve!
Nutrition Per Serving
- 309 kcal
- 17 g
- 27 g
- 13 g