Chicken Breast with Turmeric Rice and Yogurt Sauce
2 hours 30 minutes
Chicken breast can be tasteless if you don’t use the proper spices and herbs. But you’ll go safe with this aromatic fried chicken breast with turmeric rice and yogurt sauce!
- 1 chicken breast, cut into 3 fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, slices
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup (55 grams) basmati rice
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Put the chicken breast in a medium bowl and add olive oil, coriander seeds, dried oregano, garlic slices, salt and pepper.
- Mix everything and marinate the chicken for 2 hours.
- When the time’s up, heat vegetable oil in a skillet and fry the chicken breast for 8-10 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken breast from the skillet and add the cumin and turmeric in the remaining fat. Stir and cook the spices for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the basmati rice and the chicken stock. Stir to coat, cover the skillet, and cook the rice for 20 minutes.
- When the rice absorbs enough stock and it’s almost cooked through, add the heavy cream.
- Mix and cook further for 2-3 minutes, until the basmati rice absorbs the liquid and becomes sticky.
- Add the butter, then mix until it melts and combines with the rice. Set aside.
- Mix the yogurt with sugar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, to make a sauce.
- Serve the chicken breast with basmati rice and yogurt sauce.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 894 kcal
- 58 g
- 71 g
- 31 g