Chicken and Bacon Skewers
Breakfast & Brunch
Skewered dishes are found all around the world. This dish has different names, depending on what part of the world you are from, but regardless of labels, people have always seemed to enjoy them, especially outdoors. So let’s get out!
- 1/2 cup (250 ml) pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 bacon slices
- Olive oil
- Pour the pineapple juice and the soy sauce together in a frying pan. Mix in the brown sugar and the salt.
- After adding some water to it and stirring a bit, mix in the cornstarch.
- Using a spatula or a bigger spoon, stir this mixture and bring to a boil.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water to prevent burning them.
- Skewer the chicken cubes, bacon slices, onion and red bell pepper pieces alternately on the skewers.
- Drizzle them with olive oil.
- Place into a cooking glass tray and roast for 20 minutes at 360ºF/180ºC.
- Serve the skewers with soy sauce.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 497 kcal
- 29 g
- 35 g
- 24 g