Opulence - that’s the right word for this baked cheeseburger casserole. Prepare it when you have your friends passing by and indulge in a very comforting dinner!
- 7 ounces (200 grams) ground beef
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 6 burger buns
- 10 ounces (300 grams) frozen fries
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) milk
- 7 ounces (200 grams) puff pastry
- 1/4 cup (35 grams) flour
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) tomato sauce
- 7 ounces (200 grams) low moisture mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Shape the ground beef into 6 burger patties.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and fry the patties on both sides until golden-brown.
- Halve the burger buns horizontally and place the patties in the middle of each bun.
- Add vegetable oil in a deep skillet and deep-fry the fries.
- Lay a large plate with paper towels.
- When the fries turn golden, take them out on the plate, so the paper towels absorb the excess oil.
- Whisk the eggs with milk and make some egg wash.
- Flour your countertop and place the puff pastry on it. Also flour the puff pastry, then roll it out using a rolling pin.
- Place the puff pastry sheet on the bottom and edges of a square baking dish.
- Prick the bottom with a fork.
- Spread tomato sauce on the puff pastry sheet.
- Add a layer of French fries.
- Place the burgers in the dish, then cut each burger into quarters.
- Pour the egg wash over them.
- Bake the casserole for 20 minutes.
- When the time’s up, remove the dish from the oven and top the burgers with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake it for 10 more minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 667 kcal
- 35 g
- 28 g
- 59 g