Beef Stew with Turmeric Rice
If you're longing for some real food, satisfying and full of flavors, you should try this beef stew. Take a look at the ingredients, imagine the taste, and be sincere: have you ever seen so many flavors in the same dish?
- 1/2 cup (110 grams) basmati rice
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon harissa
- 3-4 anchovy fillets
- 2-3 eggplant slices, small cubes
- 2-3 zucchini slices, small cubes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup (255 grams) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 sirloin steaks
- Fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Chives (for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- Fill a medium saucepan with water just over half way. Place it on the stove, on medium heat, add salt, then add the basmati rice. Set the pot over medium-high heat and bring it to a boil.
- Squeeze the lemon juice and add it to the basmati rice, and add the turmeric. Cook the rice stirring often.
- When the rice is cooked through, drain the liquid and set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a skillet and add the red onion, green and red bell pepper, harissa, and anchovy fillets. Mix and cook them together until the veggies start to soften.
- Add the eggplant and zucchini cubes.
- Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil in the skillet and mix. Continue to cook.
- Add the tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar and about 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Mix and let it simmer on low heat.
- Meanwhile, season the sirloin steaks with salt and sweet paprika powder. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil on them, then rub the meat on both sides using your hands, to spread the flavors.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet (on high heat) and fry the sirloin steaks for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the meat from the skillet and let it rest for 10 minutes, then slice it.
- Add the sirloin steak slices to the cooking veggie stew, mix and cook further.
- Add fresh mint leaves, Dijon mustard, pepper, and dried oregano. Cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve the beef stew with yellow basmati rice. Just before serving, garnish with chopped chives and a spoon of yogurt.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 702 kcal
- 33 g
- 44 g
- 59 g